Friday, January 05, 2007


Hi everyone,
Sorry about the long gaps between posts but I will once again blame it on the baby!
I found this painting I had done for the galleries a couple of years back and thought I would share it. It was done in oils on masonite. It was painted over a very thick older failed painting. Because the old painting was so think, the board had a wonderful texture so I took advantage of it and tried not to cover too much of it up as I proceeded. I painted 90% of this one with paper towels by rubbing paint on broadly. The last 10% was done with a small brush to tie down the large shapes.
As was usually the case with these paintings, I tried to capture a feeling rather than detail. This one proved that less is more works!